Monday 19 August 2013

Math can be fun!

From my opinion through last week's Math lesson that I went through, I feel that it is important for young children to be able to learn Math in an interesting and fun way. It may be tricky or at times confusing but it is vital for children to have a good foundation in Math to be able to succeed in it.

As an Early childhood educator, our role is important as they learn Math at a very young age. I remember Dr Yeap's advice. Always use the CPA approach with young children. The ability of doing Math will developed over time.

Some people will still say " Math is boring". I second that because Math can be taught in a fun way which can captures children attention.

Most importantly, Educators need to think out of the box and start to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment